ZIMMER is using a weather resistant synthetic fibre. The fibre is easily recyclable. Due to the basic structure, the fibre can be melted down and re-used over and over with very little damage to the polymer change in the fibre.
The fibre has following properties:
• It is resistant to the UV rays as well as to insects and moulds.
• It resists temperatures going from –50 degrees to 70 degrees.
• It is resistant to rain, salt water and even snow.
• It won’t loose its elasticity even after years of intensive use.
• It doesn’t require much maintenance. Soapy water is enough to clean it.
Zimmer Rattan woven furniture is made from only the highest quality synthetic man-made fibre available, ZIMMER fibres. ZIMMER fibres are UV and fully weather resistant and also insensitive to diferences in temperature. The ZIMMER fibre is produced by VIRO and REHAU, and are tested ridgorously to ensure they meet with our exacting standards.
The structure of all our woven furniture is made from fully welded aluminium frames. The aluminium tubes we use have a wall thickness of 15mm t provide maximum strength and a lightweight frame. Once a frame has been covered in its woven skin the furniture becomes even stronger.Our weavers are highly skilled and they use their traditional experience with natural materials and apply their skills to using the modern man-made wickers.